CHC seeking qualified journalist to help with signature conference
The Chicago Headline Club is looking for a freelance journalist to help prepare for and manage the 2021 FOIAFest, which will be held Feb. 19-21.
The job offers a $3,500 stipend for up to 180 hours of work between Jan. 25 and Feb. 25.
The ideal candidate will have strong writing skills, a journalism background, technological competency, and an ability to meet tight deadlines. The coordinator will report to the Chicago Headline Club VP of FOIAFest and the FOIAFest Committee. We encourage journalists of color and journalists of other marginalized identities to apply for this position.
Please apply by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org a resume and 2-3 paragraphs in the body of the email explaining your journalism experience and why you would be a good fit for the coordinator position.
Apply by 11:59 p.m. on January 20. The selected candidate will be notified by January 22.
- Write a minimum of three press releases on topics that will be shared once hired
- Monitor the CHC email for applications to a training program and select a maximum of 20 applications to be reviewed by the CHC FOIAFest committee
- Communicate logistics of the training program to applicants and accepted mentors and mentees
- Upload FOIAFest panelist and attendee information into a virtual conferencing platform
- Design and manage a social media campaign for FOIAFest
- Manage various aspects of the virtual conference and troubleshoot problems that arise during the virtual conference