The Chicago Headline Club is seeking a qualified journalist to help plan next year’s Peter Lisagor awards.
This job offers a $2,500 stipend for work between Dec. 1 and May 31, typically about 5 hours per week.
The ideal candidate will have good organization skills, a journalism background, and a clear and creative approach to communication. The coordinator will report to the chair of the Chicago Headline Club’s Lisagors committee.
- Coordinate with venue to plan for awards event, which will be held on May 6, 2022
- Design and manage a social media campaign to attract new Lisagor entries
- Organize design and mailing of flyers to advertise this year’s contest
- Work with the Chicago Headline Club’s webmaster to ensure that contest entry forms and past winners are prominently displayed on website
- Order and help distribute plaques to award winners
- Weekly email updates to the Chicago Headline Club
We encourage journalists of color and journalists of other marginalized identities to apply for this position.
Please apply by emailing email@example.com with your resume and 2-3 paragraphs explaining your journalism experience and why you would be a good fit for the Lisagors coordinator position.